- Located at the Savage MARC Rail Station, which provides access to Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD
- Excellent visibility and vehicular access - immediately off an interchange at MD Route 32 (average daily traffic volume of 70,000 vehicles)
- Over six million square feet of commercial office park space within a mile and a half of the site, with millions more SF of office space at and around the nearby Fort Meade
- Total of 18.87 acres, zoned TOD (Transit-Oriented Development)
- Entitled for 416 multifamily units, 100,000 square feet of office, a 150 key hotel, and 19,670 square feet of retail
- Includes free parking for MARC rail commuters in a new four-level parking garage providing 704 parking spaces, owned and operated by the state of Maryland
- Includes additional privately-owned, 500-space parking garage for the retail, hotel, and office users and a private 627-car parking garage built integral with the four- and five-story, ultra-luxurious multifamily project
Annapolis Junction Town Center is centrally located in the corridor between Washington, D.C and Baltimore, MD. The site is just over one mile from Ft Meade, the nation's fourth-largest military base and also the home of the National Security Agency (NSA), the U.S. Cyber Security Command, and other key government security installations. As a result of ongoing growth and relocations, it is expected that employment in the Fort Meade area will increase by 15,000 or more jobs in the next several years - with some estimates of up to 60,000 jobs added by 2022 - and over 65,000 current jobs. A significant portion of these new jobs will be professional/technical positions with private sector support contractors.
The project, located in Howard County, is zoned TOD (Transit Oriented Development). TOD developments are designed to be compact, of moderate to high density, mixed-use, walkable neighborhoods with the intent of increasing ridership by creating destinations within a short walk of transit stations.